Thursday, September 23, 2010

Of Mice and Men: The Untold Chapter


     Once upon a time, on a dark and stormy night, George was putting one of the ranch's horses in its stall in the barn. He heard the sweet voice of Curley's wife, "Hi, George." George looked up in haste. Standing in the door of the barn was none other than Curley's wife.
George said, “You’d get outta the barn. You ain't wanted here. You just gonna cause trouble with a capital "T"."
Curley's wife spoke with scorn, “Hold yer horses. I ain't gonna stir up some trouble. I just need someone to talk to."
Then their eyes met. They fell head over heels in love. It was love at first sight. George's hair stood on end. Then George caught a hold of himself. He looked down at the ground.
"You ain't supposed to be on here. I don't want no trouble.", said George quietly.
"Well, I ain't givin you no trouble, now am I?” responded Curley's wife.
Curley's wife came over from the doorway.
"What will happen to us if Curley finds out? I'll get fired. Me, Lennie, and Candy had a plan. We was going to buy our own ranch.", asked George.
"We can never be together.” George continued.
"Yes we can. All is fair in love and war. Besides, Curley will never find out. He's too busy picking fights to care for me" said Curley's wife. "Come on George, love is in the air."
"I gotta go. The others are waiting for me.", replied George.
"George, don't leave me! Your know as well as I do, love conquers all.", pleaded Curley's Wife.
Needless to say, it took George all his will power to walk away. As George was leaving, he could hear Curley's Wife begging him to stay, but he never turned back.

No comments:

Post a Comment